Career

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Are You Happy In Your Job Take This Test To Find Out

By: Joanna Penn
www.floweradvisor.co


When you meet someone for the first time, they are likely to ask what you do for a living. Do you enthusiastically outline your fabulous job and how much you love it? Or do you say your job description briefly and then move onto what you are really interested in talking about?

Are you really happy in your job? Take this test to find out.
Give yourself a score between 1-5 on the statements below

1 = Disagree Strongly 5 = Agree Strongly
1.I am bored at work
2.I am stressed at work
3.I don't like what I do for a living
4.I feel trapped in my job because I need the money
5.I don't like my Manager/co-workers
6.I am not paid enough for what I do
7.I am not appreciated by my company
8.I don't know what I want to do but it's not this
9.There is little meaning in my job
10.I eat too much at work, and I don't have the energy to exercise

*If you score anywhere between 25 â€" 50, then you need some help!

Don't worry if you feel like this, as you are not alone.
•Approximately 60% of today's workers and 50% of middle managers are unhappy in their current jobs (Source: Accenture)

•Some surveys have found that 87 percent of Americans don't like their jobs. About a million people a day phone in sick. It costs the nation an estimated $150 billion per year in treatment for stress-related problems, absenteeism, reduced productivity and employee turnover. (Source: Forbes)

•Only 29% of Australians polled said they were happy in their jobs. The number one cause of unhappiness is stress. (Source: Seek.com.au)

•A quarter of working Brits, more than 7 million people, are disillusioned with their jobs. One in three Londoners are trapped in jobs they hate (Source: YouGov.com)

This situation is not sustainable and something has to change! You may have to work in order to provide for yourselves and your families, but a working life can be more than just this daily grind. People need work to give them self esteem and fulfilment as members of society. But so often they are held back by a blinkered view of the possibilities about what work they can do and what they are capable of.

In order to be happy in your job, you need to take control and start making changes in your work life.


Job Info , Jobs , Career

No comments:

Post a Comment